Our client is an independent research and advisory firm focused on business, technology, and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. With expertise in banking, payments, wealth management, capital markets, and insurance, the firm’s analysts deliver comprehensive, actionable advice to key market participants in financial services. Headquartered in Boston with a presence in Chicago, New York, San Francisco, London, and Milan, this organization works with its clients as a partner, advisor, and catalyst, challenging their basic assumptions and ensuring they remain at the forefront of industry trends
As a research associate within our client’s Institutional Securities & Investments practice, you will provide ongoing support to analysts and clients. This position is based in the firm’s London offices.
This research associate position is an ideal foundation for those looking to forge a career as a research analyst in the financial services industry. As a research associate, you have the opportunity to work closely with a team of industry experts and gain access to their extensive knowledge base, allowing you to develop your understanding of not only the global capital markets but also the practicalities and day-to-day requirements of working for a research advisory firm.
Research associates are required to contribute to sophisticated research reports; hence, the ideal candidate should be able to write informatively and engagingly, as well as recall and articulate key findings verbally. The ability to analyze and produce statistical information is also important.
What it takes
- Be highly self-motivated, able to independently carry out primary research, and have experience in producing conceptual diagrams and presenting statistical information in a logical format.
- Have strong time management skills, as research associates are always working on more than one project at a given time.
- Must have experience in financial services, capital markets and/or consulting,
- Writing skills most important
- Have enthusiasm for developing new areas of research and responding to market developments.
- Be sociable and able to build a network of contacts, as research associates are often invited to industry events and conferences.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree at a minimum. 2-5 yr exp. Quantitative analytical skills are a bonus, as are any foreign language skills.
This organization believes their success depends on the human and professional qualities of their employees. Our client is seeking personable individuals who can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate with a team. They welcome inquiring minds and provocative thinkers who, in addition to closely following their own sector, keep current with domestic and global social, economic, and political trends and issues.
Interested and qualified? Submit your resume and cover letter to Positions@WallaceAssoc.com