Marketing Research Analyst
Our client is an independent research and advisory firm with a global perspective focused on business, technology and regulatory issues and their impact on the financial services industry. The firm was founded by leading industry experts in Banking and Securities & Investments. They bring together a team of business strategy, technology and regulatory experts to deliver comprehensive, timely, and actionable advice to financial institutions and technology vendors.
The Client is a financial technology market research firm looking for an entrepreneurial individual to join them as a quantitative research analyst within the Research Design and Data team. They are currently offering the position as a 6-month contract.
The ideal candidate has a can-do attitude and yet an eye for potential risks in a project, is comfortable in fast-pace multi-stakeholder environment, has a strong appetite for constant learning, and communicates effectively orally and in writing.
The candidate can elect to work from their home provided they have a suitable Internet connection and environment conducive to be on calls with clients, or from our Boston office.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assisting clients and internal project managers in defining their needs
- Writing proposals in collaboration with project managers and sales using our guidelines
- Identifying, evaluating and selecting fielding vendors
- Assisting domain expert with questionnaire development
- Programming and testing surveys in SurveyGizmo
- Monitoring survey in the field for data quality
- Cleaning data and preparing the data output for data analysis
- Analyzing the data in SPSS
- Preparing charts in excel
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
WHAT IT TAKES:
The selected candidate will have:
- BA/BS Degree Required
- Reliable computer and high-speed internet connection, and headset for Skype calls (required)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (required)
- Experience with questionnaire design and development (required)
- Strong Excel and SPSS skills (both data management and statistical) (required)
- Strong charting skills in Excel (required) and PowerPoint (required)
- Experience and skills in quantitative survey research (required)
- Experience in data cleaning, constructing variables, aggregation, merging and concatenating data files and general data management tasks (required).
- Experience with research in a business context (preferred)
- Interest in the financial services industry (desired)
- Tech savvy (desired)
- Proficiency in languages other than English (desired)
Our client believes its success depends on the human and professional qualities of its employees. They seek well-rounded, personable individuals that can work both independently with minimal supervision and also excel in a team-oriented environment. This firm has high expectations for the individuals it attracts, and is committed to offering these individuals a professional and rewarding environment. Compensation consists of a base salary along with sales commissions for revenues generated and an annual on-target bonus. This is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants should contact our search firm: