Our client is a startup in the Database Industry based in Boston. Their purpose is the automation of prepared data for analysis so organizations can achieve faster business insight and ultimately utilize the data. Its unique software platform combines machine learning algorithms and expert insight to connect, clean, and classify siloed datasets with unmatched speed and scalability.
Our client’s rapidly growing customer base includes some of the largest and most prestigious organizations in the world — including GE, HP, Merck, Thomson Reuters, and Toyota. They are also financially backed by top-tier firms such as Google Ventures, MassMutual Ventures, and Work-Bench.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We’re seeking an experienced, accomplished business development professional that can consistently achieve sales targets and thrive in a startup atmosphere. The role will be critical to revenue growth, require core business development capabilities, and include a path to outside sales or other leadership positions. Specific responsibilities include:
• Priority is cold outreach to grow existing client base (30% of time)
• Follow up on existing marketing generated principals (70% of time)
• Collaboratively work with Marketing to surface key insight that will optimize campaign effectiveness
• Occasionally lead first calls with key prospects in conjunction with Field Engineering
• Primary focus on booking first meetings via marketing lead generation activity follow-up (webinars, events, web, etc)
• Targeted outreach to surface and execute upon opportunities at high-priority accounts
• Previous selling experience (at least 1-2 years of B2B software preferred)
• Business Development experience in startup or tech industry (1-2 years)
• Demonstrated ability to meet sales goals and high activity levels
• Excellent customer relationship skills
• Experience working in a technology-based organization
• Experience using a CRM system, preferably Salesforce.com
• Comfortable and flexible in an evolving, growing start-up work environment
• High energy, driven attitude
The company was featured and ranked as 2015 Top Places To Work by the Boston Globe. They always welcome the best and brightest to join their team. The startup atmosphere produces a positive company culture in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This position is perfect for anyone who seeking opportunities for growth and impact within the company and their customers.
Applicants should contact our search firm: