Analyst, Data Management & Analytics
Boston, MA or San Francisco CA
Our client is a world-renowned firm that provides its clients with research and operational knowledge to assist companies of all types in their IT endeavors. Our client delivers recommendations customized for businesses, ongoing market and technology analysis, independent partner research, and best-practice know-how from years of experience. The company’s understanding makes it one of the most flexible and accessible consulting firms in the IT industry.
The company works on a project basis, and customizes its services based on the needs of each client.
The Data Management & Analytics Analyst will be responsible for providing market coverage and client support as part of the company’s Data Management & Analytics team. The analyst will also play a key role in providing sales and marketing support for our client’s products and services.The Analyst will be expected to cover, research, and write on such topics as: big data, analytics, business intelligence, databases, Internet of Things (IoT), and AI/machine learning.
The Senior Analyst’s duties will include:
- Develop segment research topics, and execute syndicated, multi-client, and custom research projects as agreed upon by the company’s Research and Analyst management team. This will include conducting both quantitative/survey-based and qualitative/interview-based primary research
- Initiate and develop ongoing segment coverage, content and themes. This includes: scheduling and conducting regular briefings with IT vendors; publishing regular Market Landscape Reports on a defined market segment; regularly publishing other client publications (i.e., briefs, blogs, etc.) based on industry events, product/solution/service announcements, and other material industry activity
- Deliver the company’s client advisory services (i.e., consulting) that advise company clients on subject matters related to designed segment coverage area. These advisory services may entail:
- Guiding IT vendors on market trends, competitive analysis, product/strategy feedback, business plan review and other forms of strategic guidance
- Assisting venture capital firms and other institutional investors with expert opinion on market dynamics and specific technologies and vendors
- Advising IT professionals on best practices, vendor selection, as well as other consulting engagements
Create and publish client-sponsored content including whitepapers, webinars, and videos
- Maintain a visible, public-facing market presence that leverages and highlights segment-relevant research, analysis, and analyst opinion via social media (blog, Twitter, etc.) and speaking engagements (client-sponsored events, industry trade events, etc.)
- Create appropriate marketing strategies for relevant company content and offerings
- Proactively and reactively working with media outlets to promote new research findings and analyst opinions
- Taking an active role in identifying sales opportunities and assisting Client Relations staff in product positioning, project scoping, and proposal generation
- Support all business development efforts as requested by our client’s Client Relations team
What it takes:
- 8-10+ years of direct and/or related experience in fields such as Data Management & Analytics vendor marketing, product marketing, sales or consulting; IT industry analysis and market research; IT media; or experience as an IT or data science practitioner
- Data Management & Analytics or other technology vendor experience strongly preferred
- Previous IT analyst/firm experience a plus, but not required
- Proven industry knowledge
- Research and analysis skills
- Documented writing ability
- Project management and client relations skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Above-average intellectual curiosity and ability to quickly learn new topic areas
- Ability to take initiative in all aspects of job and be comfortable working both independently and with a team
- Willing to work in a small, entrepreneurial company
- Comfortable with a project-based, deadline-driven environment
- BA/BS required. Advanced degree preferred, but not necessary.
Our client offers a fast-paced, customer focused environment where success is rewarded. Their work in the growing field of IT helps companies of all shapes and sizes improve their business and make better decisions. Over the years, they have gathered a group of knowledgeable, opinionated, and colorful people who love what they do.
If you’d like to join the team and work in an independent, creative, and fun environment, this is the company for you.
Applicants should contact our search firm: